Saturday, October 27, 2018

windows 7 - How to fix a Micro SD card inside a USB 2.0 adapter that is not working?

I have a Micro SD card inside a USB 2.0 adapter that is not working. 
I have tried a few different methods to fix my flash drive with no results.
The micro SD card is 32 GB inserted into a USB 2.0 adapter.



  • When I plug the drive into a port, Windows 7 makes a sound, and I am prompted to format the drive. I failed after a number attempts to format the drive. I tried all the ports on three different computers (same results).

  • Next, I uninstalled the USB driver and reinstalled the flash drive FAILED

  • I opened CMD, entered diskpart > select disk 1 > clean
    and I followed more steps that I found online but still FAILED

  • I changed the LETTER of the drive, then continued the step above FAILED

  • I tried to insert the drive into my Xbox 360 to try to format it FAILED

  • I tried four different recovery programs FAILED

  • I tried to format each sector (it took 3 hours) FAILED

  • I removed the card from the adapter and placed it into an SD card, then inserted it into my laptop FAILED

  • I tired using a micro USB adapter to connect to my cell phone to erase ALL on the drive FAILED

  • I tried to use ERASER software to delete all on the drive FAILED


The drive was working fine two days ago. It was used to store video games and add-ons on my Xbox 360 console. Two days ago, I went to play a game on the drive, but it wasn't there. In fact, the console read the drive was almost full; however, the contents was empty.


I would like to delete, erase or reset the drive so I can use it again. 
I don't need to recover its contents;
I can always re-download the games and stuff.


What can I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...