Monday, February 5, 2018

windows 10 - Why did my computer wake me up?

Tonight, at 02:36 AM, my bedroom computer (Windows 10 1511) decided to wake up from hibernation.


Obviously, my first instinct was to yell at it for waking me up in the middle of the night (it's not a "silent" PC). Since my wife was still asleep, what I actually did was to shut it down (fully) and worry about it later.


Later is now, and I'd like to find out why, oh why, it decided to do such a thing at such an impossible time.


I've checked the following:


Power settings: "Allow wake timers" is set to "Disabled".


Power Options screenshot


Event log: The wake source is "unknown".


Event Log screenshot


How can I find out what caused this madness?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...