Tuesday, February 27, 2018

microsoft excel - Fill group of rows with incremental shades of color

I would like to fill each row with an incremental shade of a base color (or some range). So far, I could do it using Conditional Formatting with a "rule" based on the ascending numerical values.
enter image description here


However, I wish to achieve the same effect with the group of rows that have no content. Is there an automatic way to do it?


EDIT:


There are 6 rows in the column. Currently they are color-filled from white to orange with incremented shades. Such color fill is done automatically using Conditional formatting rule that maps the shades of the color to the values (1-6) in the rows. I wish to fill an arbitrary number of rows with such incremental colors without dependency on the actual content of the cells. Thus, if I select 10 rows, I want to see each row of slightly darker shade of the specified color, BUT even if the cells are empty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...