Thursday, February 8, 2018

macos - Boot Camp: Partition error when installing Windows 7

So I've been trying to install Windows 7 on my Mac (Solid State Drive) with Boot Camp 5.1. Everything goes smoothly until I need to select a partition to install Windows on. The Windows 7 installer complains that it can't install to my Boot Camp partition. It continues to complain even after formatting the partition and deleting the Boot Camp partition, and letting Windows create its own partition in Boot Camp's space.



After exiting the installer in failure, I encounter a 'no boot disk found error' on startup and I have to reset the PRAM to return to OS X.




I'm at a loss at how to proceed. What now?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...