Wednesday, February 14, 2018

windows 10 - SceCli 0x57 Password Policy Event 1202

A bit of background. I have a small network of 10 computers (2 DCs and 8 laptops). The DCs crashed when security came an implemented new policies and we had to rebuild them. We had to rejoin the laptops to them and rebuild our GPOs. I am getting an error with my password policy.



I am getting this error for a setting on GPO. My Password policy gives me an error stating




The Policy "Passwords" resulted in the following error An unknown

error occurred when attempting to open the database




I checked my Event log it gives me a Event 1202 with error 0x57 and it I checked the winlogon.log and I get the following:



Start processing undo values for 7 settings.
There is already an undo value for group policy setting .
There is already an undo value for group policy setting
There is already an undo value for group policy setting .
There is already an undo value for group policy setting .

There is already an undo value for group policy setting .
There is already an undo value for group policy setting .
There is already an undo value for group policy setting .
Error 87: The parameter is incorrect.


The entire Password policy shows red circles with X's in them. I check and changed the Default Domain Policy to make them the same as my Password GPO but it still shows the red X's. Our security checker is showing that the password minimumllength is 7 which is the Local GPEDIT setting. In practice testing the password policy is set to 14 (The password GPO setting). So I am confused here. So I guess the Local policy is taking control of the password settings somewhere? But in practice it isn't. Where in registry can I check the actual setting and verify the GPO is set correctly.



Please move this question to ServerFault if warranted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...