Saturday, February 10, 2018

flash - Why does my computer freeze and make a terrible buzzing noise every once in a while?

Twice now my computer has frozen, accompanied by a terrible, angry, buzzing/beeping noise through the speakers. It is my first build, and as such I'm not really educated enough to even make a guess as to what is causing it. It doesn't respond to any keyboard or mouse input and I end up needing to reset it. Here's what I've noticed:



  1. It has only happens when I am online

  2. It has only happens when a flash applet is running (once on chesscube.com, once on piq.codeus.net)


I know that might not mean anything, considering it's only happened twice, but I've put in like 20 hours on Steam and maybe 3 hours browsing online, so these crashes do seem connected with it. I've checked the temps and voltages after rebooting, and nothing seemed out of the ordinary. Here's my build:



  • intel i7 2600k

  • p8p67 deluxe mobo

  • gtx 570 superclocked

  • ripjaw RAM

  • 800W power supply

  • CM 690 case

  • Zahlman cpu fan

  • hard drive, disk drive etc.


All my drivers are up to date.


For some reason, I don't know why, I suspect my graphics card. Does anybody have any insight as to what might be causing this?


EDIT: also it has only happened when I've not been using head phones, as I only use my monitor speakers when not gaming. Idk if that's important, but there it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...