Wednesday, February 28, 2018

memory - Would I see benefit if my RAM is faster than my processor's FSB?


I always thought processor's FSB was the limit of how fast the RAM could be. However, while configuring a Lenovo laptop, I see options for RAM that's faster than the CPU's FSB


CPU = Intel® Core™ i5-560M Processor (2.66GHz, 3MB L3, 1066MHz FSB)


RAM = 8 GB PC3-10600 DDR3 SDRAM 1333MHz SODIMM Memory (2 DIMM)


Answer



In short, no, some benchmarks may reveal a small advantage, but its nothing you would notice in the real world.


http://www.overclock.net/intel-memory/129552-ram-faster-than-fsb-better-performance.html


This answer does not include overclocking the cpu fsb, which is another subject all together.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...