Thursday, February 1, 2018

I can't boot Windows 10 after removing ssd with elementary os

Context:


I bought my new pc and I installed Elementary OS on my ssd. After a while, I bought another SSD and I installed Windows 10 on it without issues. If I want select one, I choose the first boot from BIOS without issues, again.
Then, I extracted the Linux SSD and I want to join to Windows I can't.


This show a message like:


"insert booteable device and press key"


I did:
Insert USB, automatic repair. --> doesn't work
Insert USB, CMD and type:
bootrec /fixmbr
bootrec /fixboot
bootrec /scanos
bootrec /rebuildbcd
--> this show: The requested system device cannot be found.


Insert DVD and the same before --> message confirm good process but it doesn't work!!


I tried Visual BCD Editor on Windows 10. it showed succesful message and but it didn't work too


If I put SSD on case and I connect by USB, I cant boot Windows!!!!


EDIT:
I tried too:
bcdedit /export C:\BCD_Backup
c:
cd boot
attrib bcd -s -h -r
ren c:\boot\bcd bcd.old
bootrec /rebuildbcd
bootrec /fixmbr
bootrec /fixboot
exit


But When I type "cd boot" it shows "TThe system can not find the path specified"


How can I fix MBR???
I think I don't have because boot was installed on Linux SSD, then How can I make a new boot in Windows disk?


Summary:


two SSD, two OS. I installed first Linux, then Windows 10. I removed Linux SSD. I can't boot Windows 10

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...