Thursday, February 15, 2018

Google Chrome MSI Versions

Google Chrome offers an MSI installer useful for enterprise deployments. However, I have noticed that when I install Chrome using this MSI there is a version number mismatch.




If I open Chrome and click on "About Google Chrome" from the menu, it says version 35.0.1916.153.



However, if I open Control Panel and pull up my program list, it says Google Chrome version 65.223.153.



I haven't been able to find any documentation from Google that can explain this version discrepancy, and it makes it very difficult to run reporting to tell me if the software is properly patching itself, given that all reporting systems use the same Registry data that shows up in Control Panel. Google doesn't appear to track their enterprise version numbers anywhere on their site.



Can someone help explain how to translate between these version numbers, or where Google might keep such data?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...