Friday, February 23, 2018

Can't receive updates in Windows 10


I just bought Asus ROG G752 which had Windows 10 preinstalled. So, I choose the standard configuration when I started it for the first time and everything was fine. However even after 3 days it hasn't installed a single update. The update history is empty and it doesn't download any updates. It is showing several updates that are available such as:


Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3125217).,
Upgrade to Windows 10 Home, version 1511, 10586.
etc.

But the downloading is at 0% and not moving.


I tried different things, including WindowsUpdateDiagnostic.diagcab, but it is just stuck at "stopping bits service".


Same thing happens even if I do it with run command, it just says that it "can't be stopped".


I am out of options.


Answer



Try using the Windows 10 Windows Update Troubleshooter tool from microsoft, I think they made this to fix such issues:


http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-10/windows-update-troubleshooter


If this does not fix your issue, you could also try this PowerShell script to reset Windows Update, Don't forget to run as admin!


https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/reset-windows-update-agent-d824badc


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...