Monday, February 26, 2018

hdmi - Have a Thunderbolt port, need DVI to display on monitor


I have an external monitor which accepts DVI, VGA and HDMI.


I have a MacBook Air which has a Thunderbolt port only.


Can this MacBook Air use the monitor as a secondary display, and what adapter will I need?


Answer



You will need a Thunderbolt to DVI adapter. Or, Mini DisplayPort to DVI, since Thunderbolt's display connection is essentially the same as Mini DisplayPort.



The Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter lets you connect an advanced digital monitor […] to a Mac with a Mini DisplayPort or Thunderbolt port.




No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...