Tuesday, December 18, 2018

worksheet function - Excel Text to Date format

I wish to convert the text string, (which in imported into excel as a 'General' formatted field) 12/31/2017 into date format displaying it as; dd/mm/yyyy, however all attempts have failed so far, incl. the text to columns option, reformatting it as a date field using English (UK) as the Locale.


I have also tried to parse the text using a formula based on the: DATE, LEFT, MID, and RIGHT Functions; to no avail. The problem appears to be the inclusion of the / in the text string and the fact that I wish to swap around the format from mm/dd/yyyy to dd/mm/yyyy. Anyone out there experienced this issue?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...