Saturday, December 8, 2018

windows 7 - win 7 installation issue "No device drivers were found..."

Just bought a new PC and I'm trying to install win 7 from USB. I had my ISO file on my other laptop, and I used windows usb tool to copy the ISO to the USB after formatting it to exFAT (tried NTFS but it didn't copy... <- why is that? ).



Anyway, the UEFI BIOS menu recognizes my USB (4 GB) and starts loading the windows boot manager, but then I get this msg:




"No device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers, and then click ok"




Now, I've seen some solutions to this problem like swap USB ports (I did - didn't help. I have 2 blue USB ports (USB 3) and a whole bunch of regular (USB 2), neither works). Also I saw an advice to turn off something in BIOS so the boot will be able to work with USB3, but as I see it, the BIOS already recognized my USB, so, why wouldn't continue with installation?




The USB is still recognized while in boot manager, I think. After I get this msg, I can browse for the drivers, and inside my PC, there is a dir of boot X - my USB...



Can you help pls? Thanks!



To make things clearer:



I see a screen like this one, but with no items on the list...



http://en.community.dell.com/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/906/driver1.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...