Monday, December 10, 2018

memory leaks - Way too high non-paged pool


I'm having trouble fixing my high non-paged pool, I really have no idea what I'm doing so if anyone knows how to fix this it would make my day.


enter image description here


It is starting to annoy me big time, I can't multitask because I don't have enough RAM all the time.


enter image description here


EDIT:
Just tried a different command and found out it's excsd.sys.


puu.sh/iaZi4/f603ab7e51.png


Do I just update it in order to fix this problem?


EDIT:
I updated the driver, it seems to have worked but I'll keep everyone up to date if anything changes.


Download the latest version here


Answer



So I fixed it with updating the driver and here is what I did step by step:



  1. Installed WDK (Windows Driver Kit)

  2. Booted up poolmon.exe

  3. Sorted it to Nonp and sorted bytes to show highest

  4. Looked at which tag was using the most bytes (in my case ECMC)

  5. Booted up Command Prompt

  6. Typed "cd drivers", then typed "findstr /l /m ECMC *.sys" which gave me the name of the driver that was leaking

  7. I updated the driver in this case here


I hope this helped someone experiencing a similar or the same problem.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...