Saturday, December 29, 2018

Windows 7 seeing perpetual "Shutdown to update"

For about a week I've been seeing the yellow shield with an exclamation point on my shutdown button. I shutdown but no updates are applied and shortly afterward the yellow shield appears again. I see no recent update failures and the only thing I can think it is, that I keep saying "not yet" to the Windows 10 automatic install/update.


Does anyone know? Has MS gone this far and is now nagging me to "finish" the windows 10 update by showing me the "pending update" on my shutdown button?


I've had updates fail in the past and have always been able to correct them, but this one is like a "failure" that's not really complaining about anything, but yet the "pending update" remains.


Thanks


Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...