Sunday, December 9, 2018

windows xp - how to log process activity cpu usage



I see my machine freezing and struggling for cpu resouce very often and its so annoying every few mins when I am working. I see the process thats eating up CPU is always System Idle process.



There are so many processes hooked under System Idle on the office machine.



Is there a way to find out which one of these processes under System Idle is the killer.
OR
Is there a way to let System Idle run when the system is really Idle not when the user is working on the system ( switching between apps, writting code in visual studio... etc )



I am Running windows XP OS with SP3 , 2.1 Ghz 2GB Ram


Answer




seems runnig the check on performace counter on the machine does give a good insight on whats causing the machine to loadup. I found outlook and office communicator eating up my machine resource's. reducing the pst file size from 5GB to 500MB did it for me :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...