Saturday, December 29, 2018

mac - Left arrow key not responding

Machine: iMac 27" late 2012
Running: MacOS Sierra 10.12.2


My iMac does not register a left arrow press in any program. However, the key works when I'm using modifier keys (Command + left arrow) or when I'm using a different account (leading me to believe that this is a software issue).


Things I've tried so far:



  • Logging out

  • Restarting

  • Resetting NVRAM

  • Removing com.apple.HIToolbx.plist (etc.) files

  • Running defaults delete -g

  • Viewing input on keyboard viewer (Command + left arrow registers, but left arrow alone does not)


Obviously I could set up another account but surely there's another way to fix this.


Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...