Thursday, December 13, 2018

windows 7 - 7.25GB usable memory out of 8GB






I have a strange issue with my PC. Today, I noticed that Windows 7 is reporting only 7,25GB out of 8GB memory usable. The strange part is that when I bought the PC it showed 8GB of memory usable. What happened in the mean time with more then 700MB?


I've seen others complaining about similar issues but no definite answer.


Can someone help me? My PC is a Toshiba Satellite P775.


Answer



I agree with @Vilx the computer must be setup to share 750MB of system RAM with the video card. This website shows that the shared memory can be set 64MB-1696MB. If you use the program Process Explorer you can see how much system RAM the video card is using.


enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...