Tuesday, December 18, 2018

windows 7 - How to start a program and close it right after it's launched with BAT/CMD file?


There are two program A and B. What I want to do is:
1,Launch program A;
2,Close program A;
3,Launch program B;
4,Close program B;


How can I write the bat file?


My previous work;


A.exe
TSKILL A
B.exe
TSKILL B

However,when I launch the program A. It keeps running and the rest of the bat files doesn't run at all.


Thanks for your help in advance.


Answer



Using START /WAIT A.exe will start A.exe and wait for it to terminate before the script continues to execute the next line.


However, if you would like to automatically kill A.exe after a set time limit, use this:



@ECHO OFF
START /I A.exe
TIMEOUT 10 & REM Waits 10 seconds before executing the next command
TASKKILL /F /IM A.exe
START /I B.exe
TIMEOUT 10 & REM TIMEOUT only works on Windows 7 and later
TASKKILL /F /IM B.exe
PAUSE

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...