Tuesday, December 18, 2018

hard drive - My laptop is extremely slow and HDD is always 100% engaged in Task Manager

I have been searching for a solution for a while and read many discussions on the issue, including two threads on SuperUser:


Laptop's disk usage is always 100% and freezes after few seconds


Windows 8.1 Update 1 Disk Usage 100%


However, none is conclusive. My Task Manager always shows 100% for Disk. I have recently re-installed Windows 10 and have not installed so many applications yet. My HDD is half empty. The laptop is a HP Pavilion DV6 with 12 GB of RAM and 7-8 years old. I am not sure whether my HDD needs to be replaced. As I said, I have read many discussions and followed everything that had something to do with viruses, anti-viruses, hibernation, etc, and none worked for me. How can I decide whether the HDD is the reason?


My Task Manager

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...