Wednesday, December 12, 2018

command line - Recursively renaming .foo files based on name of accompanying .bar file in multiple folders in Windows 7?

I've just finished creating SHA1 hashes for each album in my MP3 collection using Corz Checksum. It left a .hash file in each folder, as desired. (Each folder is an album.)


However, the hash files it generated all have the name of the folder, for example



The Beatles - 1966 - Revolver.hash



I would like to automatically rename all of these .hash files to match the name of the .m3u playlist file which every folder also contains. For example the presence of



00 - Revolver.m3u



should cause the hash file to be renamed to



00 - Revolver.hash



Does anyone know of a way to do this with a command line? I'm hoping to find something similar to this: Which command can I use to recursively rename or move a file in Windows?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...