Tuesday, December 4, 2018

laptop - Dell Aftermarket Battery


My wife has a Dell Vostro 1700 Laptop, the battery was several years old, and no-longer held a charge for more than 20 minutes. So I ordered an aftermarket battery. After I installed it, she started complaining that it was making her laptop slow. I tested it and her laptop is so slow that it doesn't even read every keypress, maybe registering 2 out of 3 keystrokes. I did not think it could be the battery, so I did the usual, reboot, scan for malware, etc nothing helped. I put the original back in and everything is fine. I put the new one back in and instantly the laptop slows to a crawl. It does not matter whether the laptop is plugged into AC power or not.
Also with the new battery installed, the systray says On AC Power, not charging. Is there something on the Dell that is interfering with the aftermarket battery?


System: Dell Vostro 1700, running Win 7 32bit.


Answer



Sounds like the aftermarket battery is DOA - Dead On Arrival. Seeing how as you have fairly definitively found a causal link between the problem and the new battery, I would return if for a refund or replacement.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...