Tuesday, December 25, 2018

How to find which program took up a hotkey combination in ubuntu (16.04)?

I am using Ubuntu 16.04.


Currently I need to use a hotkey (Ctrl + ;) in one of my program (IntelliJ Idea). But I found that it is taken by another program which I could not identify which is it.


This hijacking program 's behaviour is to display a list of clipboard history near the cursor. But there is no information shown about the program name. This is a very brief list.


Is there a way to show which process is hijacking / intercepting a hotkey combination in Ubuntu? I did research and found some software called Hotkey Explorer but it only have windows version.


(Additional Information)


I recall that a few month ago I installed several clipboard managers. I ended with Glipper but may still have other software remain installed. There was quite a bunch software I tried so I could not recall the name of the clipboard manager.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...