Wednesday, December 19, 2018

hard drive - Windows 10 won't install on GPT partition, WD 6TB

I have a new WD 6TB drive, I boot from Windows10 USB, It originally partitioned the drive as MBR, Windows installed, however I could only use 2TB of the 6TB drive and it would not let me create more 2TB partitions. I then Googled the problem and people are saying the partition it as GPT. I then used diskpart and converted to GPT. However, now when I attempt to install Windows I get an error unable to install to GPT formatted drive.
I can't find UEFI in my BIOS, did they have it in 2014? I have Asus M5A78L-M USB3, I already checked and I already have the newest version.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...