Friday, December 21, 2018

microsoft excel - Upgraded to Windows 10 - Macros Broken

Problem:



I finally upgraded to Windows 10 and a few macros in Excel 2010 that I use frequently no longer work. They crash instantly when I run them and all I receive is an "automation error". They do not reference any outside programs/files; just lots of copy/pasting and sorting within a couple sheets. The macros seem to run on other people's computers (on Windows 10) just like they used to.




Stuff I've done:




  • obligatory reboot

  • Repair excel

  • reinstall excel

  • fiddle with macro permissions

  • use copies of the workbook that work on other computers

  • The weird stuff: If I create a new macro enable workbook and copy-paste in my old macros + workbook contents and try to run the macros, they work. As soon as I exit and reopen, the macros stop working. This holds true for really simple test macros I've tried making. A macro which copies a letter from one cell to another crashes after the workbook its saved in has been closed then reopened.




I feel like I'm forgetting a few things I've tested, but this should cover most of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...