Monday, December 24, 2018

How to install git on Mac without xcode?



On Mac. I have installed 'brew' using terminal, now I tried to install 'git' with the command: 'brew install git'. But terminal says "Now install Xcode: http://developer.Apple.com/technologies/xcode.HTML"



So I go to this page, but I found that I have to pay (at least) 99$/year to get 'xcode'.



Is there a free version of xcode to download from Apple site?
If not, is there a way to install 'git' without 'xcode'?


Answer



Xcode 3.2.6 is free. It works on OS X Snow Leopard(10.6) or later. You have to be a registered Apple Developer to download it. It is also free to register.






Xcode 4.1 is also free. But it works only OS X Lion(10.7). You can download Xcode 4.1 from Mac App Store.





If you are using OS X Lion, you can use Xcode 4.1 or Xcode 3.2.6 for free.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...