Friday, December 7, 2018

hard drive - Preparing a HDD for sale. How to clear all data






I'm selling an old Seagate 160GB IDE HDD that's currenty running Windows XP. I need to remove all the data on the HDD and make sure it's ready for another install of an OS. Make it blank, just like when I got it.


What should I do. Merge all the partitions and format the drive from WinXp set up? Or is there and better way?


Answer



One of the best way came into my mind is to use the Free Data Destruction Software .



By far, the easiest way to completely erase a hard drive is to use
free data destruction software, sometimes called hard drive eraser
software or disk wipe software.


Regardless of what you call it, a data destruction program is a piece
of software designed to overwrite a hard drive so many times, and in a
certain way, as to make the ability to extract information from the
drive nearly impossible.



You can get one of them like Eraser and the rest of the list is here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...