Thursday, December 13, 2018

How can I disable Alt+Space native hotkey in Windows 10?


Windows 10 has Alt+Space as a default hotkey for opening the menu bar of a windows with the choices of Minimizing/Maximizing it.


I'm using Kdenlive and Kdenlive wants to use Alt+Space as a hotkey for playing a video in a loop. Unfortuntely, when I press the hotkey Windows 10 processes the hotkey without the information getting passed to the app.


Given that I don't need the native hotkey, is there a way I can remove it?


Answer



I remembered that Autohotkey can map keys to F13 till F24 and used:


!Space::
Send {F13}
return

To get Autohotkey to press F13 and then set F13 to be the key that's used by Kdenlive for this purpose via Settings -> Configure Shortcuts.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...