Wednesday, May 16, 2018

windows - Drive Letter assigned to system reserved partition


I recently removed my ubuntu installation because I didn't want to go through GRUB every time I turned on my PC. That worked fine. Now in file explorer I have a 100MB partition. I know that this partition is the system reserved one because in drive management it shows the system reserved partition under drive letter e:


How can I hide the drive? I don't want to mess up my windows installation. I tried removing the drive letter but windows says I can't change drive letter on the current boot or pagefile drive.


OS : Windows 8.1 Update 1


Answer



Fixed the issue myself. I had a program called MiniTool Partition Wizard which is what I used to remove Ubuntu and rebuild the MBR. I used that and removed the drive letter from the system reserved partition and it worked like a charm.


--------------------------------------------------HOW I DID IT --------------------------------------------------------------
Using MiniTool Partition Wizard 9,



  • Click On Partition

  • On the left side options list, there is an option called change drive letter.
    Click on that and set the drive letter to none.


Problem Solved


-Thor


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...