Friday, May 18, 2018

linux - SMART: Is my HDD about to get bad sectors and corrupted data?

I am running gsmartcontrol in Linux.


I ran an extended SMART test. The Health Self-Assessment test returned a value of 'PASSED'. However I am concerned about the possibility of any bad sectors and whether there are any personal data saved there unencrypted.




Reallocated Sector Count


Norm-ed Value: 100


Worst: 100


Threshold: 5


Raw Value: 0




Reallocation Event Count (Highlighted in pink)


Norm-ed Value: 100


Worst: 100


Threshold: 0


Raw Value: 2




They both sound like they mean the same thing. What is the difference between them and does the Raw Value of 2 for the latter suggest I will start getting bad sectors?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...