Friday, May 25, 2018

Unable to shrink memory allocated to Oracle 11g

Recently I have installed Oracle 11g (11.2.0.1.0) on my Windows 7 desktop having 1GB RAM, and while installation I have allocated 512 MB RAM to Oracle which causes high memory utilization and reduction is PC performance while running Oracle.



As I am using Oracle 11g for learning purpose, I want to shrink memory from 512 to 256 MB I tried to do it from enterprise manager > Memory advisors, changing following parameter



OLD:



Total Memory Size = 500 MB
Maximum Memory Size = 500 MB




New:



Total Memory Size = 256 MB
Maximum Memory Size = 256 MB



Showing the following error:



"memoryMaxTarget - Maximum Memory Size cannot be less than Maximum SGA Size."



Can anybody tell me how to shrink the memory using enterprise Manager and using SQL*Pluse?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...