Friday, May 25, 2018

Recovery Hard Disk with Bad Sectors



I have a WD Element 1TB external hard Disk and suddenly I got some errors in data reading and writing. I decided to recover it, and I tried to do so many ways and nothing worked. I tried to run chkdsk, but it keeps getting stuck at about the same spot. I tried to do some surface tests too, but everything failed. I then decided to clone the disk. I used Acronis WD version of cloning and clonezilla, but they both failed.





Failed to prepare operations. Error code: 10 'File system error is
found' with extended code: 458,776 'MFT bitmap corrupted'




This is what I got in the event log. Is there anyway I can recover my HDD?


Answer



Thanks for every ones suggestions. Finally I did it I used Active File Recovery Professional. It can recover data much as possible. I tried dozen of software some of them are top recovery tools and everything fail. Using Active recovery I manage to create image of failed disk and mount it and recover the data but the problem with that is naming. All file name change to something their naming convention and files are separate by file type like video, jpg and it took 2 days. Later I found option recovery in the menu and simply I could recover everything as it is with the folder structure. I had very few data lost


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...