Saturday, May 12, 2018

battery - I recently bought a replacement charger for my laptop, but I'm worried about the polarity


so a couple of weeks ago my original laptop charger blew. So I ordered a new one with the same voltage and amperage. On arrival I noticed that the polarity might be in reverse. The old charger had (+)--(o) -(-) and the new one has (-)- (o)--(+). The negative one isn't directly connected to the center in both.


The Old One:


the old charger


The New One:


the new charger


Is it fine if I use this new charger?


Answer



Yes, they're the same. If you look very closely at the polarity symbols you'll see that in both cases the "+" has a line that goes all the way to the center contact, while the line from "-" only goes to the outer ring.


Or as you yourself wrote, "The negative one isn't directly connected to the center in both."


That's what matters for the polarity symbol. The order in which the "+" and "-" appear in the symbol is irrelevant.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...