Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Reactivating Windows 8 after reformat



I am looking to reformat my drive and I was wondering if I was able to use my Windows 8 pro with media center product key obtained from the Windows 8 promotion. With the email that I received my product key, it says: "Make sure you activate your product by January 13 2013". Considering I've already activated it, does that mean I can reuse it?


Answer



Yes you can, as long as you have activated for the first time before the given date. I personally have used my Windows Key from a Windows 8 promotion as well on multiple installations across 3 of my Virtual Machines (For testing purposes).



No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...