Sunday, May 13, 2018

windows 7 - Batch Renaming files (and possibly switching parts of the name)

I am organizing 60,000+ images, and need to edit down their names. I would love to just do a batch rename, as this would likely take 60+ hours otherwise.


The names are similar to what follows:
2013-10-27 17_46_28-pro image plus 18234


I need to either switch "pro image plus 18234" with "2013-10-27 17_46_28" (around the hyphen located before the word pro (although the word pro does change)), or if that isn't possible, remove just "2013-10-27 17_46_28-" altogether. Definitely prefer to switch the parts of the name over deleting, so as to improve the integrity of my records.


There will always be the same number of starting characters, but after that hyphen (before pro in this example), there is a varying number of characters.


Willing to download programs and use whatever code needed (although I am not a programmer in the least, so I will need some help with the code for this first time)


Thanks very much,
John Fielder
(Sorry if there is already a forum on this, I looked for a bit and couldn't find anything)

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...