Thursday, May 17, 2018

keyboard shortcuts - How do I select text to the start or end of a line on a laptop without End/Home keys?

I have an EliteBook.




My understanding is that the keyboard shortcut for selecting text to the left/right is Shift-Home and Shift-End respectively. However, this keyboard does not have Home or End keys, so I have to use Fn+Left Arrow and Fn+Right Arrow



Typing Fn+Shift activates fn lock. As a result typing Fn+Shift+Right Arrow does not result in selecting text to the right (or, in the case of Left, Up, or Down arrows, start of line, top of text, and bottom of text respectively).



Selecting text to the left and right seems like a pretty common thing people would want to do, so it seems like there must be some way of doing this on a laptop keyboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...