Wednesday, June 20, 2018

windows 7 - Specify next boot to be into Safe Mode/WinRE via command line?

As the title says I would like a script that tells Windows that the next boot should be into Safe Mode or at least that the F8 menu should be presented on next boot.


Booting into WinRE (Launch startup repair...) is probably even more un-doable.


I looked over bcdedit options but didn't see anything like this. I know msconfig has an option for Safe Boot but it's GUI only.


Currently if I want to boot into Safe Mode or launch WinRE then I have to forcefully restart my PC first for those options to be presented during boot (F8 does not bring up the Safe Mode option under normal conditions).


I'm using Windows 7 x64.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...