Wednesday, June 6, 2018

windows 10 - Laptop ignoring scancode map


My keyboard is messed up, the 'i' and 'o' keys don't work. I'm currently making do with alt+numpad ascii... but it's incredibly annoying (still less than the damn on screen keyboard).


Figured I'd swap some keys around so I could get my vowels back.


I've changed the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout registry file Scancode Map with the following binary 1.


However, it had no effect whatsoever. My '+' and '«' keys are still working as such, and I'm going crazy. Bright side is, I now know h♂w t♂ make gender f♀gures! ♥♥♥


Answer



The entries have the codes in reverse order. Try this, instead.


00 00  00 00    header version
00 00 00 00 header flags
03 00 00 00 number of entries in the map
17 00 0D 00 '+' -> 'I' (0x0D -> 0x17)
18 00 1A 00 '[' -> 'O' (0x1A -> 0x18)
00 00 00 00 null entry for terminator

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...