Saturday, June 30, 2018

laptop - Battery 0%, not charging. Shuts down during demanding tasks. ROG G751JY

So like 5 months ago my ROG didnt want to charge to 100% anymore. I didnt like it but never used it without the AC, so I didnt think much of it. So I went away for a week so i disconnected the AC - when I came back the battery was dead. It says "0% avaliable (plugged in, charging). Its not really a big deal since I always use it with the AC, but recently when I am gaming the laptop just turns off. I can turn it on right away - so it seems it loses power for half a second or something, which is enough to turn it off.



Seems like my battery serve more of a purpose other than running with no AC. And should provide extra current during high demand usage like heavy gaming, and also carry you through brownouts.



Anybody managed to fix this without opening the thing and replacing it with a 100 euro battery?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...