Saturday, June 30, 2018

windows 7 - 8GB USB pen drive showing 700MB after formatting





My 8GB pen drive is now showing 700MB after I formatted it. I've created Ubuntu Desktop bootable USB drive using Power ISO.



After I formatted it. Now it's showing 700MB. Why is that? I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate.


Answer



I guess you only formatted than one partition that got created for your bootable Ubuntu Desktop.




In order to resolve this you might want to use "Disk Management" (see http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows7/ht/disk-management-windows-7.htm how to find it), delete existing partitions on your USB drive and create a new one, filling all the space.



Afterwards, format it according to your file system needs.



Beware, all your information that's stored on the usb drive up to now, will be lost.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...