Monday, June 11, 2018

windows 7 - How do I share my music that is already on a Buffalo NAS drive with itunes?

Hi I have spent a great deal of time copying my own CD's to a Buffalo NAS drive using Windows Media Player. Because my wife and daughter have ipods I need to share that music within itunes but am confused as to how.
Most of the files are in WAV format and I do not want move them from their current location on the NAS drive because of the space they take up.
When I hold down Ctrl and click itunes it asked me to create a new library or choose an existing one. I already have an existing library on my NAS drive so I choose that option but nothing happens except an itunes folder appearing in the shared Music folder on my NAS. Is this what it is supposed to do and I am being impatient or have I done something wrong.


Ongoing I plan to continue to use Windows Media Player to copy my CD's to the NAS drive but want itunes to still see all the new stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...