Thursday, June 14, 2018

Asus P6X58-E WS motherboard memory limits



I've just ordered motherboard Asus P6X58-E WS, and now I'm, looking for memory for it.



It has 6 slots, but the strange thing is, that in specifications it says that it is limited to 24G of memory .
I'm planning on using 8G Kingston KVR1333D3D4R9S/8G sticks with it. Using those sticks, I'll be teoretically limited to 48G. Does the 24G limitation mean, that even if I install all 6 sticks, I still will be limited by 24G of possible memory?
Sorry if the question seems dumb, but I never faced such a limitation before


Answer



the problem was with memory. Once I've installed non-buffered ecc, the system booted and started to work



No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...