Friday, June 8, 2018

windows 10 - My computer woke up from a device that does not have permission to wake the computer

I'm running windows 10 and I have been fighting windows wake-up ever since I got windows 10. Recently I thought I had done everything needed to prevent it but today there it goes again and wakes up.


In the CMD using command "powercfg -lastwake" I found that the device responsible for waking up the PC is "Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 (Microsoft)" but when I checked the device in Device Manager (checking that the Instance Path matches the one in CMD) I found that I have already disabled this devices ability to wake up the computer.


Screen shot of CMD and Device Manager available here.
So what can I do to stop my computer from waking up when I do not wish it to do so?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...