Friday, June 8, 2018

windows 7 - copying from one external hard drive to another transfer rate 4MB/s

I've got two external hard drives and I'm copying the contents from one to the other. Both are USB 3.0 interface. The transfer rate is around 4MB/s and I have achieved much higher transfer rates working with each drive independently. What is the problem, is it because files are temporarily being copied to the local hard drive? How can I get a reasonable speed?


I tried TeraCopy and it doesn't help much, the computer has been running over night and it's still only 50% done. By the way, feel free to recommend products. I know some people think it breaks the rules to name a specific product as they think it's advertisement but how else are you going to get the right tool if you can't name it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...