Wednesday, June 27, 2018

hard drive - Plugged HD power the wrong way, how to recover data?

A few years ago, I bought a kit to connect internal hard drives to computers via USB. Unfortunately, I plugged the power cable the wrong way and the circuit burnt and emanated smoke.
I just found back this hard drive and I would like to know what are the solutions to get back data ?
This is a Maxtor Diamond Plus 9 80GB ATA/133 HD.
I found on the web the same model of hard drive, if I buy one and I replace the electronic part of my hard drive with the new one, could it be working ?


Here is the photo of the electronic part :
enter image description here


I surrounded in red a part that seems to be damaged, also, if I was to replace the electronic parts, how would I plug it back to the parts the are surrounded in blue and green in the photo ? (because they are soldered)


Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...