Wednesday, June 20, 2018

windows 10 - Secondary hard drive 100% usage

I recently installed SSD into my laptop and moved the old HDD to DVD drive. I did a clean install of windows 10 onto SSD. Now my HDD in unusable: the system can see it, but I can't do more than view a few folders and then it stalls: it doesn't calculate space, Disk Management freezes upon start, I cannot even disable that drive via Device Manager (although I can do it if I do not try to touch that drive after boot). Of course, chkdsk doesn't do anything.



This is how Task Manager looks currently: constant 50% disk usage.
Task manager 1



Another view of Task Manager:
enter image description here




Why does Windows 10 behave that way? Can I do anything about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...