Tuesday, June 5, 2018

"Permission denied" when installing printer driver on Windows Server 2003 domain workstation

I have a Windows Server 2003 domain running with 30+ workstations. I have a couple of network printers that are on the AD. These are shared (everyone has print permissions).


When I try to install a shared network printer on a workstation in the domain, the installing new drivers prompt pops up and starts to install the driver. All seems to go well until it hits 100%, then it gives me the following message before closing:



Cannot contact the printer, permission denied.



The printer doesn't get installed. Does anyone know how to fix this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...