Sunday, June 24, 2018

hard drive - Clone HDD to USB to SSD?

I bought a new computer (ASUS G551JM) with a hard disk drive (1TB 7200 RPM), but I want to transfer the OS (and everything else) onto my Samsung EVO 840 (500GB). However, when I purchased the SSD from Samsung, I did not purchase the laptop kit.


I'm wondering whether I can clone the OS from the hard disk drive onto my SanDisk Extreme USB 3.0 (32GB), and then onto the SSD.


My ultimate goals are to save $120 by not buying another copy of Windows 8.1 and to retain all the pre-installed drivers and software from ASUS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...