Saturday, June 30, 2018

windows 7 - New Laptop Battery

My laptop battery recently decided to kick the bucket, so I bought a replacement. I charged the replacement for approx 4 hours and assuming it was fully charged (only took my last batt 4 hours) unplugged and went on my way.


Later I started up my laptop and the battery was only a 11% charged. Since I didn't have my charger, I used it until it hibernated and then plugged it in when I got home. Now, after 24+ hours of charging, it won't charge further than 0% charge. I tried to calibrate the battery (by discharging and recharging) however each time the laptop shuts of after only 5 minutes.


Have I wrecked this battery somehow by discharging it after only a 11% charge, or is it just a bad battery?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...