Friday, June 8, 2018

Group Policy Editor on Windows 8 32Bit

I have "Windows 8.1 Single Language with Bing" installed on a device. I need to Enable "Do not display the lock screen" in Group Policy Editor (Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Control Panel > Personalization). The gpedit.msc is not available on this device. I have tried installing a third party Group Policy Editor Installer from here but it also not showing the above option.




On another device, where the gpedit.msc was working, I have tracked the registry key which was being updated when I enable the above setting using this Process Manager tool. But that registry key path is not available on this device :(



Is there any other work around? There should be something in all windows version for updating these settings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...